top of page

Support Group

Public·318 members
Bennett Myers
Bennett Myers

[S5E2] Steel

Great review of "Steel." You are right about the Van Cleve theme - it would make a great "Zone" signature tune, and also reminds me of Bernard Herrmann (what a coincidence, huh?) in his scores for "Psycho" and "Vertigo" (he *did* do Vertigo, right?)I reviewed Matheson's original story and this episode when "Real Steel" was being released. If you're so inclined, you can check my post out at -read-and-retroview-richard-mathesons-steel/. For the record, I didn't think "Real Steel" was all that good - surprising, since, as you say, it had a lot going for it, going in. But it turned out pretty formulaic and lackluster.Looking forward to your take on "Nightmare at 20K Feet"!Mike Poteet (@Bibliomike)

[S5E2] Steel

Valyrian steel is a form of metal that was forged in the days of the mighty Valyrian Freehold. When fashioned into bladed weapons, the steel can hold an especially keen edge, remaining sharp forever without the need for honing.

Aside from its sharpness, Valyrian steel is recognizable by its strength and light weight in comparison to ordinary steel, as well as by a distinctive rippled pattern visible in blades made from it. Along with dragonglass, Valyrian steel is one of the few known substances that can kill White Walkers. Since the destruction of Valyria, the majority of the surviving Valyrian steel weapons serve as heirlooms in the various noble Houses of Westeros.

Powers and Abilities: Limited Invulnerability Negation (Can kill White Walkers[2] and even the Night King[3] despite of their invulnerable physiology), Magic, Resistance to Magic, Heat Manipulation (Valyrian steel was woven with magic spells into the molten metal and was blasted with dragonfire[1]), Ice Manipulation and Deconstruction (Unaffected by the ice magic of the White Walkers[2])

Attack Potency: At least Wall level+ (Can trade blows with the ice weapons of the White Walkers[2]. Can easily cut through Wights, longswords[4] and steel plate armor[1], which requires this energy)

The Night King slowly makes his way toward Bran, who calmly looks up at him. It seems like all hope is lost as Jon is still trapped in the Winterfell courtyard unable to get past Viserion. But as the Night King draws his sword, Arya stealthily slips past his White Walker guards and launches herself at him from behind. The Night King turns at the last moment and catches her by the throat, but Arya drops her Valyrian steel dagger into her other hand and manages to stab him with it.

Later, Dexter tails Boyd to the "middle of nowhere," where Boyd backs his truck up next to a swamp. He watches as Boyd kicks a steel drum off the back of his truck. After it rolls into the water, Boyd drives away. Dexter assumes that the barrel most likely holds dead animals, since he saw one outside of Boyd's house. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Future Gandr
  • Albert Corokin
    Albert Corokin
  • panozaa new
    panozaa new
  • PhuongLien NhaSuong
    PhuongLien NhaSuong
  • Mark
    Mark
bottom of page